Friday, December 19, 2008

Chicken Squares

These are one of our favorite things to eat for dinner. (and yes these are actual ones I made, I didn't use Google Image to get a picture for this one like I have for a couple of the others!!)
4 cups cubed chicken
4 tbsp soft margarine
6-8 oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 tsp onion powder or onion salt
1 tsp chicken bouillon

Mix all above ingredients together. Then take 2 packages of crescents and use two croissants together to make a square. Fill with 1/8 of mixture. Then pull up opposite corners and twist. After all eight are done and on baking sheet sprinkle with bread crumbs. ( I have also done a mixture of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. ( I have actually baked them for a lot longer and shorter. In Hawaii I baked it at 375 for about 20 minutes or so. They took forever at 350)

I got this recipe from my friend Becca in college. Thanks Becca!!


2 comments:

sara said...

i LOVE these things but for some reason i always lose the recipe! they look fabulous! i have to make these tonight!

sara said...

so i just made them the other night and they were sooooo yummy!!