This recipe is also in the Make-A-Mix book.
I can't remember many brownies that I have tasted that are better than these.. The only thing that I wish was different was for it not to be a mix, I want the whole recipe... because having the mix lying around makes me want to make them all the time!
Brownie Mix
6 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp salt
8 cups sugar
1 (8 oz) can unsweetened cocoa powder
Combine ingredients in a bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until evenly distributed. Put in a large airtight container. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 10 to 12 weeks. makes about 15 cups Brownie Mix.
I halved this recipe, because I didn't have enough cocoa for the full recipe.. I also double the Our Best Brownies recipe for one 9x9 pan.
Our Best Brownies
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups Brownie Mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. Combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and Brownie Mix. Beat until smooth. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until edges separate from pan. Cut into 2 inch bars when cool. Makes 16 brownies.
Again, I doubled this recipe and used a 9x9 pan and they were the perfect size.
I can't remember many brownies that I have tasted that are better than these.. The only thing that I wish was different was for it not to be a mix, I want the whole recipe... because having the mix lying around makes me want to make them all the time!
Brownie Mix
6 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp salt
8 cups sugar
1 (8 oz) can unsweetened cocoa powder
Combine ingredients in a bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until evenly distributed. Put in a large airtight container. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 10 to 12 weeks. makes about 15 cups Brownie Mix.
I halved this recipe, because I didn't have enough cocoa for the full recipe.. I also double the Our Best Brownies recipe for one 9x9 pan.
Our Best Brownies
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups Brownie Mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. Combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and Brownie Mix. Beat until smooth. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until edges separate from pan. Cut into 2 inch bars when cool. Makes 16 brownies.
Again, I doubled this recipe and used a 9x9 pan and they were the perfect size.
1 comment:
Hey Tried to call you but then remembered you post your recipes too! So Thank you for the Brownie recipe, I am going to try and make it tonight. I think I have all the ingredients. :)
Post a Comment